HabiStat Spider Bedding has been specially formulated for Spiders, Scorpions, Millipedes, and other burrowing species from humid environments.
100% natural, the blend of ingredients provides water retention with slow release humidity. Particles ensure the substrate can breathe aiding burrowing.
Due to the chosen blend within the bedding mix being closely matched to their natural environmental needs, its better suited than the standard substrates available due to it allowing them to use the substrate as they naturally would in wild conditions.
- Ease of manipulation - this blend allows for the important task of burrowing that these species partake in - allowing easy substrate manipulation by the animal to form its cave, burrow, tunnel systems, without the risk of collapse when kept moist.
- Extremely absorbent, this substrate is both non-toxic and non-abrasive.
- The particles chosen within the mix also allow for moisture retention when sprayed. This aids the needed humidity parameters within your enclosure, so this in turn encourages the manipulation for burrows and tunnels.
The handy 1L bag is ideal specifically when considering the following:
- Reduced offering to accommodate smaller enclosures.
- Can be used to replenish an environment post spot cleaning.
Our range of HabiStat substrates are packed in 100% recyclable and biodegradable paper bags (5 and 10 Litre packaging only).
Available in 5L & 10L bags and a handy 1L bag.
Directions for Use: Spread substrate evenly across enclosure base ensuring a depth of 1-2" (2.5-5cm) or 2-3" (5-7.5cm) for burrowing species or as a top to replenish as needed. Do not overfill if using underfloor heating. Spot clean as required and replace regularly.